The Quest Begins

Finally got off my butt and applied for another job in the company. I'd been toying with the idea for some time, when I got a call from my former HR manager telling me about this new opportunity. Always a good sign when someone from HR tells you about a job you might like to apply for.

I had landed in my present postion almost 2 years ago (8/2002) after being re-org'ed from another department. While I enjoy the people I work with, the actual work has become quite routine. Not only do I need more challenge, but the people I supervise/manage could do with a little more challenge as well. They deserve someone who's a little more engaged.

Of course, once I decided to leave this job, I started to see it in a new light. I'm energized, busier, looking forward to coming into this "old" job which one week ago bummed me out. Maybe if I always keep looking for work I will find my present job (whatever and wherever it is) more challenging?

Comments

Popular Posts