Urban Wildlife Report

I've seen (and heard) coyotes near my workplace, but now things are getting interesting. There's been reports of a black bear in Eagan. OK - so it's several miles from where I work, but it's a great story nonetheless.

Speaking of urban wildlife, last week I stopped by to pick up "our" farm produce at a friend's house in the St. Anthony Park neighborhood of St. Paul. [The friend's house is the drop-off point for one of those deals where you buy "shares" from a local farm - Featherstone's is the farm.] After grabbing the box of goodies, I was almost chased into my car by two wild turkeys. I say almost chased - - they weren't moving fast but they were moving right at me, and even when I got in the car they approached very near the car and followed me as I backed the car down the driveway - - brazen, stupid birds.

Comments

Popular Posts