Sunday Update


Day two without Mom - and all is well. Most of the weekend revolved around M - with 2 hours of "Opera Choir" practice on Saturday, and then church choir on Sunday, followed by an Opera Choir performance at the Ordway. Not a huge performance - the Ragazzi choir (Grades 4-7) sang two numbers for the folks in the lobby before the "real" Opera performance. We didn't stay for the big show - - had to get home to carve pumpkins.





The pics show M and her brother - she in her choir dress - he in his Harry Potter Halloween costume - - before we left for the Ordway. The kids played with the camera in the backseat while I was driving - - note M's newly pierced ears.

Comments

amy said…
You let your daughter get her ears pierced! Egads...My dad wouldn't allow that until I was 18. Ha...
John G. said…
Times change - piercings "heal". I'm saving my angry fatherish zeal for tatoos.
Anonymous said…
hobbled wife says... MY dad let me get my ears pierced when I was 7! Maybe that's why Amy wasn't allowed to get hers pierced until 18!!! :-)
Anonymous said…
hobbled wife here.... I count the time I got my ears pierced as one of the two times in my life Jake got mad... that and when I rode a motorcycle. I'm not surprised George remembers this! (Although you would've been 5 maybe??) John G. should tell you what M asked him before she got the ears pierced....
John G. said…
Yes - M was very concerned. She asked me several times whether it was OK with me. When I said yes in a rather too easy fashion, she really drilled me: "Are you really sure, because Boppa got very mad when Mommy got her ears pierced?" She obviously saw it as my place to have a fit.

Popular Posts