Lazy, Hazy Days of . . . October

Home with the kids who have some sort of teacher conference holiday. Poor teachers - I'd hate to be inside when it's about 80 degrees and sunny.

I'm making the best of it - blogging from the deck while I "watch" the kids, one of home is next door playing with the neighbor and the other is upstairs with a friend from school. Since the upstairs gang consists of two nine-year old girls playing "dress-up" and applying some sort of sweet-sickly smelling lotion or make-up - - I'm barely watching them either.

To my credit on I'm load #3 of laundry, and have checked into work a few times, responding to email despite the fact that this is a "vacation" day. I've also done two drafts of the Parkview Center School fundraising letter. It's a beaut - guaranteed to open the pockets of parents everywhere.

Highlights of weekend - both kids went to the Twins game Friday, and Maria got to attend yesterday's season-closing game. Maria and her friend and her friend's mother waited around after the game for autographs. Only two (two!) players were signing (Lew Ford - who autographed a baseball for Boppa) and Torii Hunter.

All plans for indoor activity are on hold, while attention focuses on these last few days of "summer".

Comments

Popular Posts