Twins Fever!! – Sheesh

Damn Twins game. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Twins. I would listen to or watch today's playoff game anytime - - if I wasn’t at work. Now my entire unit is meeting at some local sports bar at noon today to watch the damn game. I was off yesterday, and have ton of work to do. Deadlines for 2008 development are Friday, and I’ve got a ways to go to get that stuff together. My feeling is that if I have “permission” to leave work to watch a baseball game, I’d much rather go home and not work than sit in a smoky bar and watch the Twins – and not work. This incident points out one thing I dislike about the large corporate environment – the constant team-building things. If I was a twenty-something without kids and a house, I might want to hang out in a bar and watch the game, but things have changed. At this point in my life, time is my most valuable resource, and I choose not to waste it watching the game on company time.

Afternoon Update: So I stayed back from the “off-site” for two reasons: 1) I didn’t want to go in first place, and 2) I had an 11:00 am meeting and a 1:00 p.m. teleconference. Of course, I ended up cancelling my 11:00 – one participant was going to the off-site, the other had tickets to the actual game itself. Now I’m sitting here at 1:07 – hanging on the phone line waiting for my 1:00 conference call to start – and I’m the only one here.

Take me out to the ball-game - - Indeed!

Sorry – kind of crabby today.

Oh yeah - I just hung up - no one else showed.

Comments

amy said…
Hmmmm...sometimes it's easier just to join the crowd, eh? Wonder what your day will be like today? Another afternoon game, right?

Popular Posts