Pizza Night - a Tradition?

I don’t really believe that you can force a tradition. It seems that the best sorts of traditions just happen, like 4th of July at the cabin (and before that 4th of July in Spicer, MN). So traditions can change, but can you hold an event and announce, “From here on out, this will be our tradition.”? I don’t know, but I’m trying.

A few months ago, I ordered pizza online from Papa John’s. Ever since then, I get several emails per week announcing some special or another. Some of the specials make sense – like a Super Bowl deal. Some are odd – I believe they had an Election Day special in November. One thing they do every week is to send an email on Friday afternoon announcing a weekend deal. The past two Fridays we were in town, we’ve ordered pizza. I plan to do so tonight.

I intend to make this a tradition. And all shall enjoy it!

Comments

julienj said…
After reading "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle," I was inspired by her account of homemade pizza every Friday night. However, it doesn't look like I'll be able to make my own cheese and crust every week...

Popular Posts