Why I Stick With "It"

This is what keeps me in management. The fascinating ups and downs of dealing with people. On my best day, I repeat this little mantra (I think I "stole" it from some management book or web site - so sorry.): Work is a conversation. At it's most basic level, work is about converations: talking to customers, talking to product developers, talking to co-workers.

The best employees communicate well. Now, they are not necessarily extroverts, but they understand the importance of "conversation" - gathering and sharing information. When I wonder what the hell I'm doing, I remind myself it's really about conversations, and the people who have those conversations.

Via Business Pundit:
Don't forget that management isn't about being right or wrong. It isn't about power, status, or control. It's about people. And sometimes people don't need answers or guidance or lectures, they just need somebody to listen to them. Letting out frustrations allows them to feel better and refocus on more important things.


After all, it's about people. So stop blogging, get off your butt and have a conversation.

Comments

Popular Posts