Monday?

Had a nice conversation with the telemarketing company this morning. They said all our troubles should go away come Monday - well not all our troubles - seems my right knee will still hurt like hell after a day of chasing the kids around and climbing stairs - but those pesky phone troubles will be but a distant memory.

Their solution - they will change their calling computer from the area code XXX to the area code 314 - the other number they commonly use. So, assuming the prefix and number stay the same and only the area code changes, it's going to be a busy few weeks for phone number 314-XXXX. Feel sorry for them.

I continue to tweak my voice mail in order to stem the nasty messages, but every change seems to "get the goat" of another sub strata of society. My latest message had said something to the effect of "we have caller ID and can see your number" so don't leave a threatening message, etc. Received two voice mails this afternoon. One said, "I've got caller ID too, and I know you're calling me, so cut it out" (she called twice - a real sweety). The other message, "Hey, just missed your call. Since you have caller ID you can call me back." WTF - I think my next voice mail will include instructions on how to put your name on the No-Call Lists. Oh - brother.

Comments

Popular Posts