The Show Went On

Here’s an awful picture of me in the café scene, mentioned in my last post. I look like some crabby, weird, old man – but since that's how I feel - it's OK.



More pictures - and other play related stuff can be found here.

The first weekend has come and gone, and the three shows went very well. Saturday night’s crowd was the smallest of the three due to snow, but they made up for their small numbers in enthusiasm – lots of laughs.

Now it’s Monday and I’m home sick. I’ve been fighting it for several days. While stretching my stiff neck on Friday I noticed my lymph glands were swollen. All through the Saturday show I had a splitting headache that ibuprofen would not help. On Sunday I was tired and a bit sluggish, but felt the show went well. But once home I became very crabby. Shana sent me to bed early and I slept from 8:30 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. this morning.

When all the sleep left me feeling no better, I knew it was time to throw in the towel. It was inevitable I would get sick. Many colleagues at work are sick, and the cast of The Ultimate Santa – oh boy! There were lots of germs being passed around at rehearsals – kids and adults both sniffling and coughing.

Now it’s time to rest on the couch.

Comments

Popular Posts