Opening Night a Success!



Last night's opening and "world premiere" of Rosetown Playhouse's The Ultimate Santa was a success! Despite doubts earlier in the week, it all came together beautifully - as I knew it would.



One of my favorite scenes in the play is the cafe scene where I'm an extra. Unlike my scenes as Stocky (one of the Ultimate Santa contestants), I'm anonymous in the cafe and have no lines to speak. Instead I'm innocently sipping coffee with a woman at a small table. Slowly it dawns on us that celebrity "British" arts and entertainment critic Chelsea Eaton is seated at the table next to us. We have fun recognizing her and at one point I use my Blackberry to snap a picture of the famous Chelsea. The picture is ad-libbed but it seems to work. I figure celebs face that hassle all the time. In order to make it authentic, I'm taking real photos - a different one each night. Last night's turned out rather nicely - given the odd lighting - cross stage with a spotlight coming in from the upper right.

We had a big crowd last night - almost 200. Seats are still available for tonight at 7:30 and Sunday at 2:00 p.m. - as well as next week.

Performances

December 2, 3, 9 & 10 at 7:30 p.m.

December 4 & 11 at 2 p.m.

Tickets:
$12 Adults
$10 Seniors
$8 Students
$5 Children 5 and under
Buy Tickets Now!

Comments

Popular Posts