Weekend Update

It was a very busy weekend – with no break in the action in coming week. We had a great time at the wedding festivities of the Hobbled Wife’s old college buddy Chris. She married a fellow academic, who shares her love of aviation – She’s the only person I know who holds a “Lindbergh Party” every year on the anniversary of Charles Lindbergh’s crossing of the Atlantic. For his part, he’s building a plane in his freakin’ garage for pete’s sake. At the food line during the reception, I heard Chris recount a recent trip to Oshkosh for some sort of aviation show. (Perhaps it was this one.) She almost got misty eyed telling of their approach to the air field (of course they flew in) and seeing all the P-51 Mustangs lined up along the runway.

Starting Wednesday, I will be off on a whirlwind tour of the Ozarks – actually a conference of the Missouri State Bar Association. The resort where I’m staying looks pretty cool. I hope I have some time to enjoy it. I return late Saturday night, and then leave again Monday morning for San Francisco.

I’m staying at the Hotel Triton, which I selected for its eclectic rooms. I booked the “Zen Den” – but only now I wonder if I made the right decision.

Comments

Popular Posts