Celebrating the Law

[Clarence Darrow re-enactor, Gary L. Anderson]

I've been busy "Celebrating the Law" and having a "Capital Good Time" at the Minnesota Bar Association Convention at the River Center in St. Paul. I'm there in my role as "product guy" staffing the T-W booth along with a colleague, and several sales reps. As "trade shows" go - it's a slow one. This is not a captive audience like we had in Missouri - - when you're not attending the speeches and free lunches, there's lots to do right outside the door in downtown St. Paul (don't laugh - there really is!). Lots more to do than learn about the latest features of a premier legal online research tool -- even though we giving out lots of cool free stuff.

Highlights of the day include my brief conversation with the Clarence Darrow reenactor. It took me a few moments to realize that the guy was not going to "break character" - though his insistence on bringing creationism into the conversation should have been a big clue. I guess once you put on the suit, suspenders, and crazy tie (not to mention the Darrow haircut) it's hard to get back to the 21st century.

Comments

Popular Posts