Generation Jones?

For many years, I've puzzled over the fact that I'm supposed to be part of the "Baby Boom" - generally defined as those born between 1946 and 1964. I was born in 1962, but never felt that I fit in. I couldnt' identify with the popular media depictions of the Baby Boom generation - since many of them were whooping it up in the "Summer of Love" - whilst I was preparing for kindegarten (1967). The Vietnam War and Watergate are often depicted as watershed events for Baby Boomers - again I was about 12 years old when Nixon resigned. Anyway - even though the label didn't fit, I had made my uneasy peace with myself as "Boomer".

Imagine my surprise when I learned that I have a generation of my very own - Generation Jones. "The “Jonesers” were born between 1954 and 1965, sandwiched in between the Baby Boomers and Generation X." Apparently "we" are very important in the electoral process - figures!

Anyway I stumbled across the GenJones piece in Brazen Careerist, where she offers a test to determine which generation you are part of. The test has nothing to do with politics, but is instead based on how tech savvy you are.

Interesting - I scored 6 points on the test, putting me into Generation X.

First a new generational "home" - and now I'm getting younger. Not bad for a Monday.

Comments

Popular Posts