The Week in Review

It was a busy week – and a sick one at that. Came down with a bad cold over the weekend, and felt like crap on Sunday, then I missed work Monday. I attended an “off-site” meeting Tuesday (again no work). I went to the office on Wednesday to play catch-up.

On Thursday, I participated in some “ethnographic customer research” at a law firm in downtown MPLS. Ethnographic – think Jane Goodall watching the chimps, except this time it was the Hobbled Runner watching the lawyers. Did you know it takes about 7 hours to draft a 10 page summary judgment motion? Well, it does.

On Friday, winter returned, and I returned to work to get caught up on stuff I missed being out of the office for three days this week. I did get a chance to walk at noon – lots of fun with a temperature of 4 above, and a nasty wind-chill (about minus –15). But I really can’t complain about the cold because I walked with a colleague who didn’t have any gloves. Instead he had a cup of coffee that he passed from hand-to-hand to keep his hands warm. It seemed to work – he’s a true Minnesotan.

Comments

Popular Posts