The "New" YouTube

I’ve noticed a “new” YouTube already. They appear to be doing a good job removing the copyrighted material that folks had illegally posted. See this related article.

I like to search YouTube for Beatles concert footage – I love them live. Before Google bought YouTube, most of the videos were blatant copies of footage from the Beatles Anthology series.

On Monday night, I was messing around on YouTube and found a lot of new concert footage. Granted the quality is pretty bad – imagine home movies circa 1964-65 with crappy (or no) sound. Most of the clips don’t even include an entire song, just bits and pieces. I actually like these since they probably give a more realistic picture of what the concert attendee actually saw and heard (or given the screaming – saw but didn’t hear). I invite you to try it – go to YouTube and use search terms, beatles concert. If nothing, it will confirm what a Beatles geek I truly am.

Comments

Popular Posts