Trout - Not Just for Dinner Anymore

Somedays I amaze myself. Ever since last week's visit to the Nutritionist/Dietitian, I've been kind of a fiend for healthy food. No donuts at my Mom's this weekend, opted for the raisin bran muffin instead. Fruit for in-between meal snacks - - if I have a snack at all! Now this - - Trout for lunch.

I know fish is good for me - omega-3 fatty acids and all that. But fish is just so - - fishy. It's not all that much fun to make at home since the house smells so fishy afterward. But, knowing it's damn good for me, I decided to start eating it when it's offered in the cafeteria at work. They usually offer some fish once or twice a week. Today I took the plunge, trout with a little fruity salsa on top, with broccoli and corn on the side.

Time to assess: It's not even dinner-time and I've done all this "good for you" stuff: 4 servings of fruits, 2 servings of vegetable, and now the damn trout. I think I deserve some of yesterday's pizza for dinner. The Mom & Dad version had onions, garlic (lots), a little cheddar, feta, and parmesan cheeses - - oh, and a few pepperoni for the hell of it.

God, I could kill for a bag of peanut M&M's right now.

Comments

Popular Posts