Kids - Cause Depression?

Here's something to think about - especially for the soon-to-be parents in the family.

Any parent will tell you kids can be depressing at times. A new study shows that raising them is a lifelong challenge to your mental health.

Not only do parents have significantly higher levels of depression than adults who do not have children, the problem gets worse when the kids move out.


I don't agree. As one who suffers from the Black Dog on occasion - note the second definition, I find the kids to be a help, a balm if you will. Perhaps its because they are so damn fun - laughing, inquisitive, full of energy. Perhaps I'm just too busy to think about myself and be depressed. My Dad always said that kids got easier as they got older. He said he enjoyed having adult kids - - much more interesting dinner conversation.

Comments

Popular Posts