Off-Site Insights



I’ve been to more off-site meetings/events in past two weeks that I care to recall. At this point I can’t want to get back to the office and actually churn out some work.

Wednesday (yesterday) I went “downtown” for a work-related event. Downtown of course means downtown Minneapolis, and not downtown St. Paul – this despite being a proud Ramsey County resident. This picture was taken from the ramp of the Hyatt Regency looking southwest over Loring Park and off towards the Lowry Hill neighborhood. You can see the “new” (newly remodeled) boxy Walker Art Center next to the Hennepin United Methodist bell tower.

At the event, I received two compliments on my tie –I was one of only two gentlemen sporting neckwear. My father would be proud. Inspired by the compliments, I stopped off at Men’s Wearhouse and use the $50 gift certificate that was burning a hole in my pocket. Men’s Wearhouse – a very bad name for me. It implies that you are buying fancy clothes in a warehouse – not the first choice for high fashion. Kind of like Dress Barn. It’s amazing these businesses actually turn a profit.



This afternoon I made a last-minute appearance at a work event at the Eagan Community Center. I had never been there before – very beautiful place. Lots of stuff for kids and families – gym, place center, etc. Of course it was DEAD! Where the heck was everybody! Correction – the room set aside for senior activities was hopping. There was some sort of card game going and there were about a dozen tables full of senior citizen card sharks. These pictures were taken out back – showing the building and the nearby pond.

Comments

Popular Posts