Baseball Sunday

Boppa, the Dude, and I had lots of fun at the Twins game this afternoon. The Twins beat the Brewers 5 - 0. We were sitting behind 1st base in the upper deck when I recalled that the Hobbled Brother-in-Law had emailed a picture from Nationals Park a few weeks ago. I figured I'd get the better of him and snap a quick shot and send it off to him - maybe make him jealous.

[The Dude and Boppa at the Dome.]

No sooner had I snapped this shot of the Dude than I got a response - his own picture from today's Nationals game. Seems we were both at baseball games - that's lots of guys named John attending ball games at the same time.

[Real baseball - played outdoors.]

After the game, kids under 14 were allowed to run the bases. It was crazy, thousands of little folks lining up for their one trip around the bags. Boppa and I (being well over 14) were content to observe the playing field up close. You gotta touch the turf (a little more forgiving than I would have imagined, and the warning track was actually kind of springy. The blue wall/fence in the outfield was all scuffed and patched - you gotta wonder who made all those marks. A little history before our very eyes.

[Post-game, on the field.]

While waiting his turn to run the bases, the Dude looked up at the Dome ceiling and said, "I don't see why those other players complain about not being able to see the fly balls. It's easy." Yeah - they're all wimps!

Comments

Popular Posts