Looking for Some Mellow Air



I see this everyday when I make eggs for breakfast. It’s the controls for the fan above our stove. It has nice late 1950s look. Surprise – Mel-o-air is still in business. They’ve been in business since 1952 according to the website – “nearly 50 years” – hmm, time for an update on that math.

Given the weather recently it would be nice to have a button to summon some real mel-o-air.

Friday was a sick day. It was a partial mental health day with some authentic symptoms thrown in for good measure. I’ve been fighting a cold for about 2 weeks. I thought it went away, but its back. Symptoms include sore throat, swollen glands, cough, and general exhaustion. Doesn’t really feel like a cold. It feels like everything (play, work, work-related travel, oppressive heat and humidity) has caught up to me. It’s been chasing me for about 2 months, but I must have slowed enough for it to tackle me from behind. I would like to give it an olde fashioned name like dyspepsia (wait that's a real ailment). Here's a good one: Nervous Prostration - though it seems a bit melodramatic.

I know I bring it on myself by engaging in too much activity which can be loosely defined as activity other than work. But I can’t help it. Extracurricular activities like the Planning Commission and Rosetown productions help get me up in the morning. Another PowerPoint presentation and the latest spreadsheet doesn’t do the trick.

Comments

Popular Posts