Now the Pain Has a Name

My doctor called me at home last night - probably not a good sign. It turns out the CT-Scan I had done yesterday showed a compression fracture on one of my vertebrae - T4 to be exact. I have to see an Orthopedic MD now - not sure what they will do. Some talk of an MRI since you can't tell when the injury occurred with the CT-Scan, for example it could be showing an old "healed" fracture. That seems unlikely, but I'll do what they want.

Oh - they drew blood at the Tuesday appt for fun - my thyroid is good, but my vitamin D levels are a bit low - 22.6. The doc recommended a supplement. My mother-in-law will be happy - she is a big proponent of Vit D supplementation.

More later.

Comments

Lisa said…
Last time I had a doctor call me at night about ct-scan results I was on an operating table 10 hours later....
I am really sorry that a little slip and fall caused this issue (Is that what happened?) and I'm sorry that you don't run any more...

Popular Posts