Cold Turkey – But Not Cold Coffee

We have an in-house Caribou Coffee store where I work. It’s one of the few such stores run by Caribou. I understand it’s often their most successful location, and it’s only open 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. I hope my decision, set out below, will not cause them to drop in the store rankings.

Yesterday, my Caribou Coffee “card” zeroed out– unexpectedly. No, it wasn’t an error, though I could have sworn I had a few more bucks on it. Turns out I just use it – a lot! Oh well, now’s my chance for the big experiment.

For weeks (nay months) I’ve promised myself that this would be my last time re-charging the coffee card. But now that time has truly arrived. From now, I’ll drink free coffee or pay as you go for the fancy stuff.

Why the change you ask. It’s economics, pure and simple. I reviewed my records and discovered that year-to-date I’ve spent $655 at Caribou – and that’s just for cheap “regular” coffee, and maybe a monthly cappuccino. True – sometimes I’m asked to purchase holiday or end-of-year gift cards for teachers, but I’m embarrassed to admit that most of that is for my personal consumption.

From now on, I’m drinking the free stuff. Yes, my company offers free coffee in the cafeteria. (We also offer free milk, ice tea, and free fruit on Tuesdays and Thursdays – but that’s the subject of another post).

Wish me luck – or better yet, offer to buy me a coffee. Just kidding – I think.

Comments

crossons said…
Just think what I can buy with an extra $655 this year!!! :-)

Popular Posts