You (Still) Have Mail


Life-saver – stress-buster. This morning I unchecked the Display a New Mail Desktop Alert (default Inbox only) in my Advanced E-mail Options. Being a twitchy fellow, I was always jump on the emails as they “popped” up in the right hand corner. It seemed I never finished one task before being called off to work on another.

Now, I’m breathing easy, and getting stuff done. Don’t worry, I won’t miss your email. I’m constantly toggling back-and-forth between applications. The only difference is that now I only check my email every 3 minutes, not every 30 seconds.

Comments

Doc Jen said…
Oh hobbled runner, thank you. I've been exiting Outlook to avoid that Pavlovian response every time my computer pings at me and flashes a peek of e-mail text. I started doing that when I realized that I would interupt almost any text to read whatever message had just come through (no matter how inane). You just offered a far better solution. :)

Popular Posts