Giraffe Pee

Giraffe urine – [whoa I can’t even imagine the Google Ads for this one] – can’t get the smell out of my nose.

Let me back up. The girls were out of town – Leader/Daughter weekend at Camp Lakamaga – so the Dude and I were solo for two nights. After our DI meeting Tuesday, we took off for Como Zoo. It was a nice place to spend a few hours since the sun was finally out.

First place the Dude wants to go is the Giraffe “house”. God the stench. When the giraffes aren’t pacing back and forth, they are marking their territory or something. If I close my eyes, I can smell it - - no taste it - - still.

Other highlights – we took down the Christmas tree. Sort of sad – but it had to happen eventually – so there’s the feeling of satisfaction with a job well done.

This afternoon we all went to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. This marks the first movie we saw as a family at a movie theater. Amazing – probably says tons about the role movies play in our lives – at least Mom and Dad’s life. Kind of scary and creepy for the Dude, but his biggest challenge was not falling asleep for the almost 2.5 hours we spent sitting in the second row starring up at the big screen. Ahh – my achin’ neck.

Comments

Popular Posts