Mummy Barbie

Reading this reminded me of a funny story from a few weeks ago.

BARBIE, that plastic icon of girlhood fantasy play, is routinely tortured by children, research has found.
The methods of mutilation are varied and creative, ranging from scalping to decapitation, burning, breaking and even microwaving, according to academics from the University of Bath.


I was watching the Dude and his friend a few weeks ago. The girls and Moms were at Brownies, so it was me and the boys one Saturday morning. They were upstairs playing around in his bedroom, when it got very quiet. As any parent (and most children) know, prolonged silence from 5 year olds is usually a sign of trouble. I asked upstairs, "What's going on up there?" They replied, "Nothing," and giggled. Guilty.

I went upstairs and didn't find them in the Dude's room, but heard giggles from older sister's room. When I opened the door, they were sitting on M's bed. Old held masking tape, the other a scissors. On the bed in front of them was a Barbie. She had been stripped naked and then wrapped in masking tape.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Making a mummy."

Source idea: Marginal Revolution.

Comments

Popular Posts