7.6 inches

"They" report 7.6 inches of wet, heavy snow fell in the Twin Cities over the last 24 hours. It's great fun - though not quite the right consistency for snowmen - small snowballs yes, but they don't pick up snow when rolled through the yard.

Started the day yesterday with 2 hours at Bones' Kindergarten class, helping with the holiday art projects. I was in charge of the reindeer table. Trace your foot on dark brown paper for the head, then trace your hands on light brown paper for the antlers. Cut out eyes and nose (options - black or the more favorite red). Glue it all together and your're done. I spent most of my time wiping up excess glue - these kids are glue freaks!

Overheard - "Can I have the orange crayon please? I won't be your friend anymore if you don't give me the orange crayon." Ahh, the ultimate threat - I won't be your friend. Can't recall when a crayon mattered that much.

Commute to and fro not too bad despite all the snow. After arriving at home the kids and I shoveled the driveway and played in the front yard for about an hour. Then, while I ate dinner, they played in the back yard. You'd be amazed how far you slide on your bottom when you build a little snow ramp right up to the end of the slide. You come down that slide very fast - remember it's wet and your snow pants are wet - and you just keep sliding.

Comments

Popular Posts