Blogging the Fair

Here's a neat deal, myprontopup.com. Would have known about this fair blogger if I read the Pioneer Press on a regular basis. I know - - I should; living in a St. Paul suburb, there's no reason to hang on the the Star Tribune. I actually enjoy buying the Pioneer Press from the newsstand. It's only 25 cents - that's one quarter dollar. Even if all you read are the comics and do the crossword puzzle, that's 25 cents well spent.

The Hobbled family will attend the Fair on Labor Day. It's the last day, so it's kind of sad, but lots of great deals - half price stuff, etc. This will be my 42nd fair. Not bad for a 43 year old guy. My parents took me at age 5+ months for my first visit. I only missed one year - in my mid-twenties - you do a lot of stupid things in your mid-twenties. What a wasted decade that was (hmm - possible blog fodder for later.) Back to the Fair - considering I attended the Fair multiple times some years (as a teen, the obligatory "with parents" followed by "without parents" nighttime visit), I've probably gone 50 times at least.

Comments

Popular Posts