SSRIs

Interesting reading on "Life Begins at Thirty" - a food blog that I sometimes frequent. Apparently the blog host has been having headaches for some time:

So just take a guess what he suggests: antidepressants. He tells me that since I am getting them in the morning, maybe the antidepressant will help my muscles relax in the evening and then I can wake up without a headache. Think of it like a valium, he says, but without the addictive side effects. I am listening to him very skeptically when he declares the kicker: "Besides," he says, "it will give you a seratonin boost and who doesn't need a seratonin boost. I mean, everyone you know will eventually be on some type of seratonin boosters - it's just what we need in this society. So you may as well give it the old college try."

"Without addictive side effects" - perhaps - but it's not easy to get off the things either. I would like to get off Zoloft, but even my new doctor (the nice one) doesn't recommend it until Summer - given the seasonal nature of my meloncholia.

Comments

Popular Posts