Enough Already - Wait, Don't Stop

Been wrapping up my annual performance appraisal meetings this week. Two reviews this week were scheduled with the employee, myself, and my manager who is operations manager of the 150+ department. At the end of these meetings, the employees went out of their way to say what a good Team Coordinator (TC) I was. Kind of embarassing - but I loved it!

Then to top it all off I get "cc-ed" on this e-mail sent by one of my employees to my two bosses:

I'm sure you know how exceedingly competent John is as a TC. I wanted to let you both know how much he goes "above and beyond" for us as a team and as individuals. This week I came to work and had to leave rather quickly - I had chest pain and the nurses here insisted I go the hospital. I had left my glasses and keys at my desk. John brought them to me at the hospital after work on his way home. I was so surprised to see him - and grateful - it certainly made retrieving my car from the parking lot easier for my son - I don't have an extra set. This is one example of the countless ways in which John as our TC makes our team and [anonymous large legal publisher] such a great place to work. Thanks!


It's not that I feel underappreciated most days, but it sure is nice to get some praise from time-to-time.

Comments

Popular Posts