Faster, Faster

The Hobbled Runner found this interesting:

If you could only do one thing for your body - - -

You should sprint for your exercise. It is fun, builds coordination, and will make you stronger and leaner. The damage to your joints is far less than jogging and it is more effective than walking. Sprinting trains anaerobic and aerobic pathways, but with less oxydative load than jogging.


Now that I think of it, I do enjoy sprinting. I don't often sprint, but I have noticed that my knees don’t hurt while sprinting after Frisbees with the kids. If my knees are hurting, I usually feel if more when jogging than sprinting.

Interesting – fast (sprint) and slow (walk) are relatively pain free – maybe I should listen more to my own body.

This DeVany guy is one of those paleo-lifestyle folks. He stresses eating and exercising like our ancestors, and by ancestors he doesn’t mine great-grandpa Nels from the old country – he is talking about our hunter-gatherer ancestors.

Fascinating stuff – I’m hooked on his blog – and those of fellow travelers.

Comments

Popular Posts