Sporting a Corporate Smile

Hmm - not sure what to make of this.

Tom's of Maine was purchased by Colgate. Though I see their web site indicates it's a "partnership". Makes me laugh, since I didn't realize that brushing one's teeth could be such a political statement - though I guess it is/was.

Makes me long for the days of yore, when life seemed simpler, and one's oral hygiene wasn't a political statement. Growing up, we were a Crest family. It seemed you were either a Crest family or a Colgate family. Sure there were a few crazy Pepsodent folks out there, but it was usually Crest or Colgate. Yep - on the big things that mattered we were a Crest family, preferred CBS evening news with Walter Cronkite, and subscribed to the Minneapolis Star (the afternoon paper - not the snobbish morning Minnepolis Tribune).

In the end, I'll probably stick with Tom's - I like the flavor choices. Though my father used to brush his teeth with baking soda.

Comments

Popular Posts