Birthday Bash


Busy Birthday - up at the crack of dawn to welcome the in-laws back from San Francisco on the red-eye. Honestly, I don’t know how they do those red-eyes, approximately four hours of sleep on a plane - sound like fun. They arrived about 6:45 in the AM to retrieve their car. We’ve been car-sitting - made them take a cab from their airport. Didn’t want to drive down their and meet them before 6:00 a.m. on a Sunday.

After church with M, I made brunch for the family - French Toast. After brunch I brought my old bike to the new Erik’s Bike Shop near our home for a tune-up - first time in 15 years. It was in need of some TLC. Now that the kids are riding bikes, I need to get out there with them. Until now, I’ve been able to walk or jog behind them, but they are too fast now.

Off to the Landmark Center for some Irish Dancing in mid-afternoon. Three of M’s fiends and one of the Dude’s are involved with this Irish Dancing thing which I admit I don’t understand. Some of it seems like traditional Irish Dance (though I don’t really know what that means) with a lot of modern Riverdance type stuff thrown in - - very loud, lots of shoe-banging. The Dude really liked it, wants to join up; he spent the rest of the afternoon, jigging around downtown St. Paul. M doesn’t get it. Later that night, as we were getting ready for bed she said, “But all they do is move their feet - and most of those moves take place below their knee.” She and I see eye-to-eye.

Oh - and after several days in the 50s, it’s decided to snow again.

Comments

Popular Posts