Performance Review Time

It's that time of the year - when employees' thoughts turn to the annual performance review and subsequent merit-based pay increase. By December 24, I will have written twenty (20) reviews!

How do I do that without going crazy? What you may ask is the secret to my success?

Experience - I have been doing this for about six years now. When I'm in my zone the stuff just flows. My early years were spent in politics/government. Combine that with law school and you get a writing machine.

"Special Skills" - Last year I had two employees named Mike. Both were/are star performers. The highlight of the year was when I cut a (very long) paragraph out of Mike #1's review and pasted it into Mike #2's review - - no other editing needed.

This year I have five (5) guys named Jim on my team - - look out!

Comments

Popular Posts