Pass the Ibuprofen.

Just returned from a walk and I thought I’d take this moment to comment on my physical condition as of late. Both knees ache, along with my right elbow and my upper spine (sometimes). The knee pain is not the sort of pain I would normally associate with my running knee injuries. That is more of a specific pain on kneecap – specifically the outer edge – consistent with ITB Syndrome. The pain now is more of general achy stiffness combined with an overall feeling of weakness. On Friday, I was walking across the parking lot, turned to look over my shoulder, and it felt as if it wouldn’t take much more to twist my thigh off from my knee/shin. My knees, especially the left, don’t feel too firmly anchored in place – if that makes sense.

Elbow – who knows? On Friday it hurt when I was driving – especially when changing radio stations. I know what you’re thinking – don’t change radio stations.

Spine – Here I’m talking about the area between my shoulders. Overdoing a shoulderstand in yoga class might have caused this pain. The class takes place in a school gymnasium – with hardwood floors. The yoga mat doesn’t provide a lot of padding here.

Not sure why everything aches these days. I recently upped my thyroid meds – now taking 88 mcg a day of Levoxyl. A quick check of PDR doesn’t really include any of these general aches and pains as side effects.

Going on the theory that I twisted my knees somehow in yoga, I’ve taken it easy on the yoga these past few days. That doesn’t seem to help.

Going on another theory – that my knees are truly weak – I got it in my head to try Pilates. I checked out a book from library (good!) and a video (not so good), and gave that a try. Found Pilates to be hard, but fun – however – now my shoulders are stiff. Probably due to all the “rolling” up you do. It’s hard to remember not to lead with the head.

So hear I sit. Pass the ibuprofen.

Comments

Popular Posts