Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Oliver - Here We Come

Well I did it - tried out for the Rosetown Playhouse's production of Oliver I was hemming and hawing these past few weeks over whether to do it or not. Last year's production of the Music Man - my very first experience on stage - was great! But this year things are different.

Work is crazy busy. I already knew I'd have to miss one performance for business travel (though as a townsperson sort of role, you can conceivably miss a show), and I just wasn't looking forward to it.

But - It felt like the right thing to do. So I left work around 5:15 despite 214 emails in my In-Box, and met Shana and the kids over at the Middle School. When I saw the old gang - director, choreographer, etc - it all came back. I knew it was the right thing to do. Perhaps it will provide some balance in my life?

Now we wait to hear whether we are in or not.

1 comment:

julienj said...

Glad to hear that you tried out! It was so clear from your posts last year how much you loved being in the production - and it's great to have something like that to look forward to when work/life are crazy. Fingers crossed that you'll get an excellent townsperson part.