Portland 2.0

I had some spare time in the afternoon, so I headed over to the Oregon Historical Society. Told them my wife works at the Minnesota Historical Society. Information like that is good for $1 off the price of admission.

I spent too much time at the Historical Society, so I was unable to see the Art Museum, but the outdoor sculpture is open 24x7. Here's a coyote and his friend.

It's my last night in this fair city. It's a beautiful place. The natives say it's warmer than usual, but what strikes me is the lack of humidity. This place is bone dry. I can take mid 80s when it's desert dry.

My boss stood me up for dinner, so I dined alone at Pinocchio. The steak was very good, but the little beet salad I had before the entree was excellent. Maybe you have more time to appreciate the beets when you dine alone. Or maybe I was just starving after 7 hours without food on top of 2 hours of walking around downtown Portland. (FYI - lunch at Burgerville - fresh, local, and sustainable fast food. The fresh Raspberry Shake was wonderful, mmmm.)

Final shot - another attempt at artsy digital photos on the Blackberry camera.

Comments

Popular Posts