Early Morning Wake-up Call



I guess I can't complain. It's good to live in a city with a very responsive fire department. When Roseville responds to a house fire, everyone turns out. So it was at 5:55 am today when at least 7 different fire trucks responded to a house fire about one block away. With only the birds to compete with for noise, the sirens got my attention. I quickly awoke and couldn't go back to sleep. The Hobbled Wife said I better run over and check it out. She promptly fell back to sleep.

I didn't stick around to talk to anyone, but all I could see was that the fire crews had set up those big powerful fans in the front door and were blowing a lot of smoke out. They hadn't brought in any hose and didn't seem to be fighting a fire. Don't know if it hadn't really ignited, or they were able to dowse it quickly by the time I got there.

Comments

Popular Posts