"Let Go Mister!"

We are at the State Fair; kids start to fight, smallest makes a run for it, so Dad catches him and hangs on tight. Kid starts to struggle and says "Let go Mister". Oh, and did I mention that he bit Dad's arm?

A very creepy few seconds at the fair as I tried to break up the sibling fight, corral the younger from running off into a crowd of thousands, then pry younger one off my arm while he is attached by his teeth. But the scariest was when he called me "Mister". For a split second I imagined what would happen if someone thought I was just an anonymous "Mister" rather than "Dad". How do you prove that a kid is actually yours? Maybe I should have a chip inserted – right behind his shoulder. Shouldn't hurt much.

All in all the State Fair was a hit. When isn't it? Lots of kid rides, a modicum of food - M ate two "Fudge on a Sticks" - and Cotton Candy. Mom and dude left early, as he was pretty pooped. M and I stayed for that second Fudge, Cotton Candy, Lemonade, followed shortly thereafter by 3 consecutive rides down the Giant Slide.

Time of arrival: 10:15 a.m. - time of departure: 5:00 p.m. The kid (and Dad) has stamina.

Comments

Popular Posts