Old Dog – New Tricks

With an eye towards the (distant) future, I’ve set out to acquire new skills. Shana and I are preparing a grant for Rosetown Playhouse Community theater. Shana serves on the Rosetown board.

Shana has more experience than I in the grant world – working in the museum where a lot of the project work is funded by grants – but she has never written one herself. In the ancient days when I worked for the Minneapolis City Council, I sat on a committee that reviewed grant applications, but I’ve never written one either.

So in an effort to acquire new skills that may or may not serve me well in the future, I proposed to Shana that I help her prepare this grant application. We spent about an hour working on it Monday.

This could be one of those things that brings us closer – or not. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts