Small World

Driving to work today, listening to KFAI, when they play a song called Garam Masala by someone named Terry Eason. I've never heard anything by him before, but I liked it, "He went to Target. . . " Gotta love a song that mentions Target.

So I'm driving along trying to come up with a clever way to remember the name Terry Eason (since my hands were occupied and I didn't have a pen and paper anyway), when it dawned on me - heh I went to High School with a guy named Terry Eason - what a great way to remember the name.

By the end of the song I'm thinking, could this be the same Terry Eason? I get to work, Google the guy, find his website. He looked pretty familiar, doesn't have much hair anymore - but most of us have changed for the better since 1980 anyway. A little further digging, and confirmation - it's him.

I like this from his site:

But there is a world of infinite gradations between obscurity and megastardom, and it's in that range that Eason is curious to find his slot. "You see bands getting dropped because they only sold 50,000 copies," Eason says. "But if I press a thousand and sell them all, I feel like a success. But..." He pauses with an apologetic chuckle. "Maybe I'm rationalizing now."

Go Spartans!

Comments

Popular Posts