Whew! What a Relief

I've seen two reviews of the new McCartney ablum, both were good. The NYT covers it today, complete with a little video/audio clip.

I'm not a big fan of post-Beatles McCartney. I don't own all the albums/CDs. But as a Beatles fan, I just breath a little easier when I see the nice reviews. He's kind of like a distant relative. I don't follow his every move, but take a little pride whenever he does something right.

On "Chaos and Creation in the Backyard," he doesn't use the Beatles touches for easy nostalgia. They're the foundation of a musical identity that's not content, this time, with silly love songs.


Notice the "silly love songs" reference - - that usually gets worked into any McCartney review. It takes a lot to live down "Silly Love Songs."

Comments

Popular Posts