The Company Way



Sigh – it’s over – How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.   The RAHS Drama kids finished their student-run show – and it was a great success.  Maria played Rosemary – the on/off love interest of the male lead, J. Pierpont Finch.

I love watching Maria is her shows. It’s a very emotional experience.  Of course I know it’s “just” acting, but it really hits me hard. 

Many songs make me sad.  Watching Maria sing Happy to Keep His Dinner Warm made me want to cry.  I sat in the darkened theater thinking, “She’s really growing up.  Soon she won’t need me.  She looks so adult-like and self assured up there.  Oh, I know she’s not – but it looks that way and it makes me think of times when she will be – times when she won’t need me (as much).”

Let’s hope she doesn't have to settle for a “happy to keep his dinner warm” life.


After seeing three complete shows – and a part of Thursday’s show – I can’t get the songs out of my head.  Sitting in my cube, The CompanyWay comes to mind. 

FINCH: Your face is a company face... 
MR. TWIMBLE: It smiles at executives then goes back in place!


That’s me – smiling at execs!

Comments

Popular Posts