Random Thoughts

Dumping your BlackBerry in coffee is not covered under the warranty, so I’ve ordered a new one. Pity – as I am enjoying life without it – but the job is such that I’m expected to be Mr. Twitchy, constantly checking the darn thing for the latest communication from World Headquarters.

Time away allows one to assess things. I don’t think I ever realized how busy I was/am until I went away (without my BlackBerry). Looking back, I don’t even recall large chunks of June and July. Just yesterday it dawned on me that I don’t recall much of anything about Oliver! even though it consumed my life for 8 weeks.


I had my mid-year review with boss yesterday. Things are going well. Apparently the hell I’m experiencing is showing a new side to me – one that meets with management’s approval. I’m becoming more of a “Driver”- something I am encouraged to continue to develop. I’m not sure what I actually did that demonstrated these driver skills. In general, I feel harried, confused, and pissed-off most of the time – perhaps those are the skills and traits of a successful driver?

Email Heck: Of course my regular email troubles are accentuated by the fact that I took a true (non-working) vacation. Now I’m juggling reading (and responding to) old email – some 2 weeks old – against the responding to new ones that arrive almost non-stop. I’m favoring the more current ones – as many of the senders of the old ones probably found their answer elsewhere when they saw my out-of-office message. I hope.

Comments

Popular Posts