Left Behind - Dodging Poop


The family left for the cabin today. I stayed behind due to "pressing business". July is a very busy time around the office. Many product releases are timed to coincide with important trade shows, like this one (New Orleans in July - I declined that one), or this one.

In addition we are preparing to present our new product concepts to executives at the end of July. I've been tapped to present the print concepts - a coup for me, but because it's "only" print and not the cool online, I suspect a less-than-attentive audience. But I'll be ready nevertheless - just let them try to put one past me!

Stopped by my Mom's for dinner tonight. We ate downstairs in the dining room - pot roast, yummy.

Very quiet around the house. It's just me typing and Floyd - about 10 feet away - running on his wheel and "throwing" poop. I've never actually caught him in the act of poop-tossing, but once a day we have to sweep up the little brown pellets outside his cage. Just now I heard a few "pings" and "dings" - sounds like poop flying - but every time I stand up, he just stares at me with those innocent eyes.

Leaving tomorrow to drive to the cabin. The neighbor kid is left to "deal with" Floyd. She's an animal-lover of the first-degree. She will probably find the poop-throwing endearing.

Oh - Coco - the tarantula - no work at all. He received a fresh live cricket on Sunday. Mmmm! He's good for a week.

Comments

Popular Posts