Hanging It Out

[Yes, it's probably time for a real clothes line, but using the Rainbow Play apparatus and several local trees gives it that hillbilly redneck look.]

Duke and I were up early, doing laundry and hanging it out to dry, trying to beat the rain.  Yes, you read that correctly:  “hanging it out to dry.”   We still haven’t purchased a new dryer.  Up to now, hanging laundry on the line, and quick trips to Josie’s are covering our needs.  I’m probably just an old fart but I’m not impressed with the expected lifespan of the new washer dryers.   They tell us 5 to 7 years.  The ones we have now came with the house, and were certainly not new when we moved in 13 years ago.  I bet they are (or “were” in the case of the dryer) 20 years old.  Add to that, the problems people report with front loading washers – and the long washing time, all the bells and whistles added in the name of efficiency, I’m tempted to go out and buy the cheap, old-fashioned kind.   Yep – I’m an old-fart laundry guy.

Lots of reasons to hope for dry weather today:  The laundry is one, and the First Rosetown Playhouse picnic at Central Park is another



Comments

Popular Posts