Coming Up for Air

Look up and take a deep breath - the crab-apple tree over our driveway.



As usual, my current funk keeps me from blogging. Too busy, feeling too uncreative, etc. Poor excuses I'm sure, but they are the only ones I have and I'm sticking to them.

Shana was traveling for work today - meaning a day trip to Little Falls, MN. I took the afternoon off to drive kids to the various after-school activities. I enjoyed about 50 minutes of bliss before the first email came that I had to respond to. After that, I almost ran my Blackberry battery down to nothing as I enjoyed my time "away" from work.

One moment of levity came during the 30 minutes I had at home - most of which was spent soaking up sun on the front steps whilst responding to email. Duke was resting on the lawn and Patches the cat was outside with me trying to catch a butterfuly that was flying around our heads. Patches was on the planter that borders the step, the butterfly came by. Up went Patches (she really has a great vertical leap), but then down went Patches - tumbling some 4 feet to land beside the steps on the rolled up garden hose. I didn't see it myself, but it sure didn't "sound" like she landed on her feet. Some cat!



While enjoying the sun, I laughed out loud as I accepted a recurring conference call meeting - every Thursday at 6:30 AM. It's a "management" type meeting - only a select few are invited so I should feel special. Let's see how special I feel on the 6:30 AM conference call.

Comments

Popular Posts