Geese on Roof

[Click to enlarge - then scan the roofline.]

By now everyone is aware of what a nuisance Canada Geese can be. They were rare in urban/suburban environments when I was a little kid, but they've made quite a comeback in the past 30 years or so. Now they are all over the place, messing up parks with their droppings. The field behind our house offers wonderful grazing opportunities to the geese. It's common to see several eating grass and pooping all over the football/soccer/baseball fields near the Hobbled home - but in the past week I've observed these two (I assume it's the same two) on the roofs of houses near the field. It's always the same house(s). Perhaps they've found a new home?

I've never seen them land or take off - I imagine it's quite difficult.

Comments

Popular Posts